Caderousse, a village with 2,831 inhabitants (as of 01/01/2017)
The originality of Caderousse is its impressive embankment (10 metres high and almost 2 km long), built in 1856 to protect the town from uncontrollable flooding from the Rhone. The embankment looks down on the village and is open at two points: at Porte Léon Roche and Porte Castellan. From the sky, the lines of majestic plane trees around the village make Caderousse an isle of greenery, hence its nickname, the “Green Island”.
The Town Hall, built in 1752, crowned by a belfry and an elegant bell tower
The embankment, built between 1863 and 1866, listed as a Historic Monument since 2001
The Gramont Wall, 1364, a vestige of the walls commissioned by Pope Innocent VI
Saint Michel parish church and its arcade spire from the 16th century, listed as a Historic Monument in 1946
The Seigniorial Chapel of Ancezune from the 15th century with its superb vaults and gargoyles, listed as a Historic Monument in 1905
Saint Martin Chapel (12th century) listed as a Historic Monument in 1932